[Catalyst] redirects and FastCGI in Catalyst 5.80030

Tobias Klug tklug at hartle-klug.de
Thu Jan 27 10:27:48 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am new to this mailinglist, but have tried to find an answer to my
question in the archives without success.

I have a Catalyst-App running on a FastCGI deployment. Up until Catalyst
5.80029 everything worked fine. But since the new version Catalyst
5.80030 I get warnings on redirects such as this:

[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: Use of uninitialized value $buffer in
concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Catalyst/Engine/FastCGI.pm line 173.

I didn't change any of the code involved in the actions. Therefore I
suspect some change in the new release. In my understanding a redirect
does not need a body to work. Is there any way to avoid this error
without changing every redirect in the application?

Currently I do redirects like this:

$c->redirect('/some_uri');
$c->detach();

Best regards,