[Catalyst] error while starting my dev enviroment

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Sun Jul 10 18:25:41 GMT 2011

On 10 Jul 2011, at 19:14, Charlie Gonzalez wrote:

> Does this mean that when making a decision on an OS for Catalyst apps the best choice of a linux OS is  CentOs or Redhat?

If you are using the system perl then the worst choice of OS is
probably Centos or Red Hat - Centos 6.0 is just about to be released
and has perl 5.10 - which is outside the perl bug fix policy; and will
remain so for its complete 7 year (or whatever) life.

I now build a perlsupport rpm package which uses the magic of perlbrew
to build a perl into /opt/perl along with all the modules I use to
support perl applications.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]