[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime-5.89002-TRIAL PSGI Catalyst - third development release

Fernan Aguero fernan.aguero at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:28:11 GMT 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 <daxim at cpan.org> wrote:
> Fernan Aguero ✍:
>> what plack/psgi is and/or why I should care
> I hear that often, so here's the elevator pitch I'm usually telling to convey
> the basic idea.

[snipped]

> While it has been possible to run Catalyst 5.8 on top of PSGI-enabled Web
> servers with Catalyst::Engine::PSGI, Catalyst 5.9 goes native and cuts out one
> layer of indirection.
>
> Now that you know that, you should be able to answer the "Question 2"
> questions yourself.

Thanks Lars,

Now know WHAT plack/psgi is.

There's still a 'why should I care' aspect in my Question 2 that was
not clearly answered.

Although it was not clear in any of the Plack/PSGI documentation that
I've read, my guess is that only framework developers care about this.

I, as a developer of web applications, shouldn't. Right?

In other words, my apps will still work without modification under
mod_perl2/Apache whenever the next Catalyst release (5.9, native PSGI)
is out. Right?

--
fernan