[Catalyst] Fwd: Catalyst::View::PDF::Reuse generates empty PDF

Wes Cravens wcravens at cortex-it.com
Thu Mar 3 21:49:18 GMT 2011

On 3/3/2011 10:58 AM, Victor Churchill wrote:
> However. I did get some PDF eventually! It turned out that the problem
> was : I was using [% pdf.prFile ... %] at the start of the template.

I fell into exactly this same hole earlier today in fact.  I'm not
exactly sure why this is set in the stash rather than the template, or
why the template setting seems to be ignored (or something). I've not
had the time to investigate further... but from the docs...

$ perldoc Catalyst::View::PDF::Reuse
<snip>
The filename and content disposition (inline or attachment) can be
controlled by putting the following values in the stash:

$c->stash->{pdf_disposition} = 'attachment';  # Default is 'inline'
$c->stash->{pdf_filename}    = 'myfile.pdf';
</snip>