[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:45:53 GMT 2011

On 06.03.2011, at 16:31, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "John M. Dlugosz" <wxju46gefd at snkmail.com>
>> What's the best form-generating/processing library for Catalyst, assuming I don't need
>> to worry about old baggage and can move forward with the latest and greatest stuff?
>
> It depends on what you prefer.
> The best and most used seem to be HTML::FormFu and HTML::FormHandler.

I'm quite happy with Rose::HTML::Form because I like having forms as classes. It also was one of the fastest form solutions back when we evaluated the candidates. Nowadays, I'd probably give HTML::FormHandler a try, mainly because it also follows the "every form is a class" approach (which IMHO is *much* better than having your forms defined in YAML files).

--Toby