[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Mark A. Stratman stratman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:59:19 GMT 2011

On 3/6/11 9:45 AM, Tobias Kremer wrote:
> On 06.03.2011, at 16:31, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>> From: "John M. Dlugosz"<wxju46gefd at snkmail.com>
>>> What's the best form-generating/processing library for Catalyst, assuming I don't need
>>> to worry about old baggage and can move forward with the latest and greatest stuff?
>>
>> It depends on what you prefer.
>> The best and most used seem to be HTML::FormFu and HTML::FormHandler.
>
> I'm quite happy with Rose::HTML::Form because I like having forms as classes. It also was one of the fastest form solutions back when we evaluated the candidates. Nowadays, I'd probably give HTML::FormHandler a try, mainly because it also follows the "every form is a class" approach (which IMHO is *much* better than having your forms defined in YAML files).

In addition to the documentation on CPAN, the wiki contains some
information on those three form handlers too:

HTML::FormFu
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/howtos/forms/formfu
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/FormFu_FAQ

HTML::FormHandler
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/howtos/forms/hfh
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/hfh_faq

Rose::HTML
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/rhtmlo

By the way: As you begin using one of them if you run across anything
you think those pages should have contained, feel free to edit them, or
send me an email and I'll be happy to (they're on my radar to be better
interlinked, and cleaned up a bit).

- Mark