[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Erez Schatz moonbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:18:32 GMT 2011

On 7 March 2011 11:15, Matthias Dietrich <mdietrich at cpan.org> wrote:
> Erez,
>
> Am 06.03.2011 um 22:43 schrieb Erez Schatz:
>
>> As for HTML::Formhandler, I dunno whether this has been addressed, but
>> when we used it (at my previous place of employment) we ran into some
>> severe issues of, and I quote again, "misbehaviour due to modified
>> state after reset" causing leaks and we ended up moving to FormFu,
>> which I should say was somewhat under utilized for what it did offer
>> us. Formhandler was also, to my taste, unwilling to allow any
>> out-of-the-ordinary configuration and we ended up overriding a lot of
>> form controls which makes the whole idea of a form generator a bit
>> silly.
>
> Can you explain what your situation were in which you had to override HFH things?

IIRC, there were issues with labels on controls. We wanted no label on
a button, and had to override the button render method. There were
some other stuff in which the way we wanted the form to look didn't
fit the way H::FH thought a form should look, resulting in overriding
the rendering methods and lots of crufty code.

Keep in mind, this wasn't what made us ditch it in favour of FormFu.

--
Erez

La perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'ya plus rien à ajouter,
mais quand il n'ya plus rien à retrancher.