[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Mon Mar 7 09:15:26 GMT 2011

Erez,

Am 06.03.2011 um 22:43 schrieb Erez Schatz:

> As for HTML::Formhandler, I dunno whether this has been addressed, but
> when we used it (at my previous place of employment) we ran into some
> severe issues of, and I quote again, "misbehaviour due to modified
> state after reset" causing leaks and we ended up moving to FormFu,
> which I should say was somewhat under utilized for what it did offer
> us. Formhandler was also, to my taste, unwilling to allow any
> out-of-the-ordinary configuration and we ended up overriding a lot of
> form controls which makes the whole idea of a form generator a bit
> silly.

I'm using FormFu because it was mentioned in the Catalyst tutorial back when I went through it.  When I discovered HFH I didn't look into it because I already was using FormFu and was happy with it.  Now that I see it is based on Perl modules it seems interesting to me, however, I won't change current projects.  But for new projects I might give it a try.

Can you explain what your situation were in which you had to override HFH things?

Best,
  Matthias

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich

rainboxx Matthias Dietrich   |  Phone: +49 7141 / 2 39 14 71
Königsallee 43               |  Fax  : +49 3222 / 1 47 63 00
71638 Ludwigsburg            |  Mobil: +49  151 / 50 60 78 64

CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/~mdietrich/
XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html