[Catalyst] Catalyst/FastCGI process management

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 02:16:55 GMT 2011

I'm staging a Catalyst application, for the first time, on Centos5.5/nginx 0.8.54/FastCGI using the 'cgiwrap-fcgi.pl' script to generate a unix socket /var/run/nginx/cgiwrap-dispatch.sock. The script makes use of FCGI::ProcessManager and everything connects fine to the unix socket but I can't find anything which will restart the fastcgi processes. Starting them works fine but all the /etc/init.d scripts I've seen don't seem to be able to kill off the child processes. So, if there any others out there using nginx/cgiwrap-fcgi.pl can you tell me what you're using to manage the processes. I've heard that a persistent environment needs more process management than vanilla CGI so can't deploy this app until I'm confident I can manage processes properly.

gvim