[Catalyst] Where are my modules?

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Sat Mar 19 03:08:47 GMT 2011

On 3/17/2011 4:24 AM, Carl Franks fireartist-at-gmail.com |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:
> It looks like cpan installed it, though its dependancies didn't install cleanly.
> Makefile.PL fails to require() it, so thinks its not installed.
> Try installing Data::Visitor - and check cpan's output for errors.
> If that still doesn't work, force install the listed modules:
>      cpan i -f Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader
>
> I know in the past cpan would continue to install modules, even if
> their prereqs failed - I can't remember if this was fixed by a cpan
> upgrade or a cpan config setting.
>
> Carl

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I ended up rolling back and trying again.  If I install the modules myself from cpan, it
works fine.  If I let 'make' pull stuff in, it goes crazy!  I noticed the latter is using
"cpanplus" at least sometimes.  I wonder if that's the difference?  I could not find a
place in the cpanplus configuration to add 'sudo' like I did with cpan.