[Catalyst] Sending Email from Page?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:47:46 GMT 2011

From: "John M. Dlugosz" <wxju46gefd at snkmail.com>
> On 3/21/2011 1:48 AM, Octavian Rasnita orasnita-at-gmail.com |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:
>>
>> You can use any of them or Catalyst::Helper::Model::Email. The plugin is no longer
>> recommended.
>
> It looks like "helper" just installs a dummy Model that calls Mail::Builder::Simple.  So I
> thought I'd just call that.  But, there is no documentation as to the return value, and
> the code appears to return 1 if it makes it to the end.  But what does it return on error,
> and where is the error particulars?

In Mail::Builder::Simple you can find about "live_on_error".

If you use that key, the module won't report the error. If you don't use it and there will appear some errors, it will generate a detailed error. The error is generated by Email::Sender::Simple directly.

It will be something like "unable to establish SMTP connection" plus ~ 1 kB of error trace.

Octavian