[Catalyst] Sending Email from Page?

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:38:25 GMT 2011

On 3/22/2011 7:44 AM, Octavian Rasnita octavian.rasnita-at-ssifbroker.ro |Catalyst/Allow
to home| wrote:
>    Another advantage of using a model versus creating the object and using a mailer directly is that maybe after a certain time will appear a much better mailer than Mail::Builder::Simple, and you may want to switch to the new mailer. In that case you will need to make some changes in a single model, and not in every controller.

That is an argument for abstracting and encapsulating, not for using a Model per se.

The module I'm using already wraps a module with abstracts different kinds of mailers, so
there comes a point where I have to say enough is enough.