[Catalyst] Sending Email from Page?

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:31:45 GMT 2011

On 3/22/2011 9:15 AM, Stuart Watt swatt-at-infobal.com |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:
> Is the limitation just in the Catalyst detection of components, and its use of set
> search packages. I guess you could write a plugin to modify the $c->locate_components
> handling to search in ::Component as well as ::Model, ::View, etc. Then you could
> incorporate any additional component, without being bound to call it a model or a view
> or a controller. Personally, I think that could be a good thing, as there is a definite
> need for components which may not be best shoehorned into a model. I have a write-only
> logging component which I have called a model as it is backed by a database, but it
> probably isn't really a model, and I'd happily update in this way.

I think it would be a good thing to simply add another category for things that don't
clearly fit the categories, but you want Component features.  You could have an informal
sub-catigorization under that, such as data sinks, as well as general helpers that are
loaded as components rather than plain old modules.