[Catalyst] Force the session to be saved.

Duncan Garland Duncan.Garland at motortrak.com
Wed Mar 30 15:45:56 GMT 2011

Hi,

The sessions are in a standard Oracle table in which the primary key is the session id and the session data is a blob. The session should be retrieving the correct data. I think we'd have noticed long before now if the data wasn't be committed properly. (Autocommit is on anyway.)

Under the original setup we delete the key for the javascript template after using it (eg $c->session->{javascript}->{template1}). This morning I removed the delete statement. The problem still occurred.

I dug a bit more and it seems that the session occasionally completely loses its javascript key. (Same session id.)

I reduced the number of fastcgi processes from 5 to 1 and the problem went away.

This may mean that the race condition doesn't show up with one process.

However it may mean that the processes don't coordinate properly.

Should we have done something to make the session handling more sophisticated when we increased the number of fastcgi processes? For example do we have to do something explicit to lock a particular session to a particular process?

Regards

Duncan