[Catalyst] Cat App on dotcloud

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:31:29 GMT 2011

On 1 November 2011 14:54, Lindolfo Lorn Rodrigues <lorn at lornlab.org> wrote:
> Hi Dermot, I got the same issue and open a ticket in dotcloud and they
> answered:
>   Jérôme Petazzoni, Sep-05 21:46 (PDT):
>
>   Hi,
>
>   I remember that had a very similar issue when I tried to run Catalyst on
> DotCloud.
>   Assuming that you used Catalyst::Devel to generate a Catalyst app
> skeleton, did you run "perl Makefile.PL" locally, to generate meta.yml and
> the inc directory?

This has made a big difference. I never used `perl Makefile.PL`
because I usually deploy where I have control over the http server.
Once I did and pushed myapp, I got a lot more feedback. In the end (I
was missing of loads of dependencies hey!) my Makefile looked like
this:

requires 'Catalyst::Runtime' => '5.90003';
requires 'Catalyst::Devel';
requires 'Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader';
requires 'Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication';
requires 'Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple';
requires 'Catalyst::Action::RenderView';
requires 'Catalyst::View::TT';
requires 'Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema';
requires 'DBIx::Class';
requires 'DBD::Pg';
requires 'DateTime';
requires 'DateTime::Format::Strptime';
requires 'DateTime::Format::Pg';
requires 'Moose';
requires 'MooseX::NonMoose';     # This one turned up for some reason
requires 'Data::Pager';
requires 'YAML';
requires 'namespace::autoclean';
#requires 'Template::Toolkit';       # This kept on re-installing.
requires 'Plack::Builder';              #   thanks to Hans for these
two. Not sure if I need them but...
requires 'Plack::Middleware::BufferedStreaming';
requires 'Module::Install::Catalyst';
requires 'Config::General';
requires 'Plack'      => 0.9974;

I was treated to this:

[info] KayLectric powered by Catalyst 5.90006
PSGI app (app.psgi) loaded at 0x3a65958
*** uWSGI is running in multiple interpreter mode ***
spawned uWSGI master process (pid: 5330)
spawned uWSGI worker 1 (pid: 5331, cores: 1)
spawned uWSGI worker 2 (pid: 5332, cores: 1)
spawned uWSGI worker 3 (pid: 5333, cores: 1)
spawned uWSGI worker 4 (pid: 5334, cores: 1)

So a big thanks to all the responders. Best get off and respond to miyagawa.

Adios.