[Catalyst] Apache2 and mod_perl deployment issue

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 01:49:19 GMT 2011

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>wrote:
>

> Why are you deploying with mod_perl anyway?

After looking into deploying under mod_fastcgi turns out the closest thing
openSUSE ships with is mod_fcgid version 2.3.6 and I'm not sure if this is
good enough for
Catalyst deployment.  The virtual host that I was able to get to do more
than spit out syntax errors using this module differs than the one shown as
an example in the Catalyst Manual, can be found here
http://cloud.vendion.net/apps/files_sharing/get.php?token=3D7fd021c437069ea=
9bf72cb104499da16d7ba19a5.
 When testing I get a 500 error and in the error_log I see this:

Couldn't load class (Ickarus) because: Open of share file
/tmp/ickarus/session_data failed: Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Cache/FastMmap.pm
line 640.

The session_data file was created by the server as such:  -rw-r----- 1 root
root 5832704 Nov  9 13:07 /tmp/ickarus/session_data

On the plus side Apache isn't segfaulting :)