[Catalyst] Apache2 and mod_perl deployment issue

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Nov 16 17:13:37 GMT 2011

On 15 Nov 2011, at 01:49, Adam Jimerson wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>
> wrote:
>
> Why are you deploying with mod_perl anyway?
>

> After looking into deploying under mod_fastcgi turns out the closest
> thing openSUSE ships with is mod_fcgid version 2.3.6 and I'm not
> sure if this is good enough for
> Catalyst deployment.

There isn't really a 'good enough' here, mod_fcgid is 'dynamic'
fastcgi, which IMO isn't as good as being able to run the fcgi servers
in external mode, but works fine..

> Couldn't load class (Ickarus) because: Open of share file /tmp/
> ickarus/session_data failed: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/
> site_perl/5.14.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Cache/FastMmap.pm line 640.
>
> The session_data file was created by the server as such:  -rw-r-----
> 1 root root 5832704 Nov  9 13:07 /tmp/ickarus/session_data

Cache::FastMmap is another brilliant way to get really annoyed and
enjoy the benefits of segfaulting.

It's also fast.

Which do you prefer? :)

(You can probably just get away with unfucking the permissions however).

Cheers
t0m