[Catalyst] Maturity of e-commerce modules in DJango when compared with Catalyst

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Wed Nov 23 13:23:50 GMT 2011

>> My question to both users-groups is, how mature are your e-commerce modules?
> There isn't (AFAIK) an  off-the-shelf e-commerce solution in catalyst,
> however - Mango and Handel (both available on cpan and github) provide
> the framework with the features you require, they aren't widely used

Perhaps you could keep an eye on Interchange,
http://www.linuxia.de/talks/ppw2011/perlcommerce-beamer.pdf

While "the old" Interchange is a monolithic application, showing its
age, the current plan is to release the relevant bits on CPAN. Most
notably right now is Nitesi, https://metacpan.org/module/Nitesi.

I think they're using Dancer for rewriting Interchange. I hope to use
Nitesi and friends separately in my CMS.