[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::AutoCRUD example not working?

Oliver Gorwits oliver at cpan.org
Sun Oct 9 14:33:12 GMT 2011

On 07/10/2011 16:11, jul.gil at gmail.com wrote:
> I tried to run it with the 2.x Trial (same code, same config, only
> changing the AutoCRUD modules), and I have the following error :
>
> Caught exception in TestUTF8::Controller::AutoCRUD::Root->err_message
> "Use of uninitialized value in exists at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Catalyst/Plugin/AutoCRUD/Controller/Root.pm
> line 158."

The config with the app isn't right, which is why AutoCRUD exploded.
Sure, it shouldn't do that, so I have another thing to fix :)

But to get the app running, comment out the Model::AutoCRUD::DBIC config
key entirely. You already provide DB connection info within the DB.pm
Model. This is Scenario 1. from the documentation.

(of course if you want to customize AutoCRUD then the key needs to be
there only without the connection/schema info)

regards,
oliver.