[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::AutoCRUD example not working?

jul.gil at gmail.com jul.gil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:11:56 GMT 2011

2011/10/7 Oliver Gorwits <oliver at cpan.org>:
>> AutoCRUD is definitely maintained, and generally works very well.
>>
>> 'No sources defined' sounds to me like possibly your AutoCRUD config is
>> wrong... I can't read the demo from here though, so can't help with
>> specific advice, sorry.
>
> I released a new beta of AutoCRUD a couple of days ago, but it seems
> metacpan.org doesn't scream "DEVELOPMENT RELEASE" at the user in the same
> way search.cpan.org does - so I'm sorry if some users innocently
> downloaded the 2.x TRIAL version, instead of the 1.x stable release.
>
> The OP is probably quite right - AutoCRUD's demo app mightn't work, as
> I've focused on getting the 1.x test suite to pass under 2.x (which it
> does :-). AutoCRUD is developed on the shifting sands of many other
> modules, and it may also be that changes elsewhere need to be handled.
>
> If anyone wants to try the 2.x release of AutoCRUD - please do!

In order to ease the solving of my utf-8 bug I have developed a poc ;
you can download it at http://gilles.tk/TestUTF8-0.01.tar.gz
It's a simple Catalyst App, with a sqlite3 database with only one
table and a text column, with utf-8 content.

I tried to run it with the 2.x Trial (same code, same config, only
changing the AutoCRUD modules), and I have the following error :

Caught exception in TestUTF8::Controller::AutoCRUD::Root->err_message
"Use of uninitialized value in exists at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Catalyst/Plugin/AutoCRUD/Controller/Root.pm
line 158."

--
Julien Gilles.