[Catalyst] Catalyst for large-scale e-commerce: A good or bad choice?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:31:21 GMT 2011

Mmm... I'm sure it's possible in any language (albeit
difficult+complicated)... the question is, how can I cut down devel
time?

(happy to use any language with any open-source web-development
framework or CMS)

Should I take a look at something like Magento? - Or keep to Perl
stuff like Catalyst?

(note I am currently a good C++ coder, and can code C and Python)