[Catalyst] Catalyst for large-scale e-commerce: A good or bad choice?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:15:14 GMT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Alec Taylor <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm looking at all the notable CMSs and web-frameworks across any
> language (C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, .NET, PHP), for an e-commerce
> solution which suits my project.
>
> Basically I'm creating an e-commerce store of e-commerce stores. So
> for all e-commerce stores integrated with this system, there is a
> shared user database and shopping cart integrated with PayPal (but
> preferably multiple payment gateways).

This is the kind of setup that I had in mind when I started the
experiments in subclassing applications.  I wrote my own framework for
this - but the idea is general - you have some base code with base
templates and base static files - and then for each individual site
you subclass it and gradually change whatever is needed.  It quickly
gets rather complicated - but I am convinced that it can work.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/