[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime-5.90005
bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Oct 22 21:01:09 GMT 2011
I'm pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of Catalyst-
This release contains a couple of new features, and a number of
documentation improvements. Thanks to all the contributors for all the
the patches which make up this release.
Full changelog is included below.
5.90005 - 2011-10-22 13:35:00
- $c->uri_for_action can now take an array of CaptureArgs and Args
If you have an action which has both, then you can now say:
$c->uri_for_action('/myaction', [@captures, @args]);
whereas before you had to say:
$c->uri_for_action('/myaction', [@captures], @args);
The previous form is still supported, however in many cases it is
easier for the application code to not have to differentiate
- Catalyst::ScriptRunner has been enhanced so that it will now
load and apply traits, making it easier to customise.
- MyApp::TraitFor::Script (if it exists) will be applied to all
scripts in the application.
- MyApp::TraitFor::Script::XXXX will be applied to the relevant
(for example MyApp::TraitFor::Script::Server will be applied to
MyApp::Script::Server if it exists, or Catalyst::Script::Server
- Document how to get the vhost of the request in $c->req->hostname
to avoid confusion
- Remove documentation showing Global / Regex / Private actionsi
as whilst these still exist (and work), they are not recommended.
- Remove references to the -Engine flag.
- Remove references to the deprecated Catalyst->plugin method
- Spelling fixed (and tested) throughout the documentation
- Note that wrapping the setup method will not work with method
and provide an alternative.
More information about the Catalyst