[Catalyst] Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::01_Intro

Simon Wilcox simonw at digitalcraftsmen.net
Tue Sep 13 16:34:07 GMT 2011

On 13/09/2011 16:45, Chris Stinemetz wrote:
>> If you type "netstat -tupan | grep 22" in the VM console, do you get
>> >  anything?  (That should show if there is an SSH daemon on port 22.)
>> >
> tcp     0      0 0.0.0.0:22     0.0.0.0:*    LISTEN
> 1153/sshd
>
> tcp6     0      0 :::22     :::*    LISTEN
> 1153/sshd

Do you have a DHCP server on your network ?

That output suggests to me that no IP address has been assigned to
eth0.  The VM uses DHCP to assign an IP address. In NAT'd mode the VM
host software, such as VMPlayer or VirtualBox, will use it's own
internal DHCP server but in bridged mode you will need one available on
the local network.

Simon.