[Catalyst] Using URL for /search/parameters: bad idea?

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Mon Sep 26 17:07:34 GMT 2011

Catalystos:

I'm implementing a search screen and I'm wondering how impractical it would
be to have the URL be 'storage' for the parameters. Looking in the Cookbook
under "DRY Controllers with Chained
Actions"<http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Co=
okbook.pod#DRY_Controllers_with_Chained_actions>
got
me to thinking it may be feasible... For example:

/incident/my/loc/37/closed/20110401-20110430
/incident/team/22/manager/138/product/417
/incident/manager/138/product/417

Advantages: easy for the browser to bookmark and return to, later
Disadvantages: chaining? other?

If using the URL is a bad way to 'store' the search parameters, what's a
good way to cache them in the session info?

-- =

"The very nucleus of Character: to do what you know you should do, when you
don't want to do it." Stephen Covey