[Catalyst] All actions marked as Private and are being ignored

Mark Blackman m.blackman at fairfx.com
Mon Apr 2 09:52:18 GMT 2012

On 2 Apr 2012, at 10:43, abhishek jain wrote:

> Hi Kieren,
>
> I just found if in auto action I add
> 1;
> Add end of code, the code works fine and the requested action is executed
> If i don't return  a value , the code ignores the requested action and end
> action is called.
>
> Don't know why, any suggestions,

Although Tomas has pointed this out, I feel compelled to point to the
manual as well.

http://search.cpan.org/~bobtfish/Catalyst-Manual-5.9003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Intro.pod#Built-in_special_actions

"The auto action is also distinguished by the fact that you can break out of the processing chain by returning 0. If an auto action returns 0, any remaining actions will be skipped, except for end."

- Mark