[Catalyst] Catalyst::ActionRole::RequireSSL under development server

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Mon Apr 16 23:58:38 GMT 2012

Good morning,

On 16/04/12 at 11:11 AM -0700, Rippl, Steve
<rippls at woodlandschools.org> wrote:

>We're just upgrading to Catalyst 5.9 from 5.8, and therefore switching from
>the old Catalyst::Plugin::RequireSSL to Catalyst::ActionRole::RequireSSL.
>The old module would detect when is was running under the standalone
>server and so was fine under development.  Catalyst::ActionRole::RequireSSL
>doesn't seem to play nicely under the development server when hitting an
>action requiring SSL.  Am I doing something wrong?  Are there some settings
>in the config somewhere to disable that under debug or something?  I want
>to avoid having different versions of the Controllers themselves between
>dev and production.

I could be way off here, but it might be a conflict with other
modules. I don't recall specific reason why, but I'm in process
of creating a version of HTML::FormFu which works as a role
rather than extended in controller base class. It was
conflicting with another ActionRole (can't recall which one
right now).

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>