[Catalyst] Best way to install upgrade to FC12 (or how to get by a failing CPAN upgrade)

Evan Carew evan.carew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:32:41 GMT 2012

I have the older Catalyst packages for my stock FC12 laptop installed, and
I've failed to upgrade them twice already. The question I have is what's
the best way to get the latest Catalyst installed on my linux box. Do I
need to clear out perl entirely, and start from scratch, or is there some
not-so-well-known procedure besides CPAN to upgrade to the latest.

Perl version: 5.10.0
old Catalyst version: perl-Catalyst-Runtime-5.80013-2.fc12.noarch