[Catalyst] catalyst install fails on View::Component::SubInclude

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jul 18 17:10:37 GMT 2012

On 18 Jul 2012, at 10:21, Andrew Baxter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up 'Gitalist' on a server; it uses Catalyst as a framework, and the install is failing when it tries to install Catalyst::View::Component::SubInclude.

<snip>

> Can anyone help with this?

Sorry about this - it's known broken (and we're being yelled as it's blocking new Catalyst in debian Wheezy). We're working on fixing it - however the easiest solution currently is to do some manual downgrades.

If you install Catalyst::Runtime version 5.90012 and then Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest 0.16, then you should find that everything works as expected.

Cheers
t0m