[Catalyst] RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: 5.90011

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 22:01:37 GMT 2012

Hello Everyone!

I'm pleased to announce the lastest point release for the Catalyst project.=
 =A0This release closes up a few bugs, including the bug that prevented Cat=
alyst from properly recognizing dist.ini as a development project root file=
. =A0Here's the full list:

Bug fixes:
=A0=A0- Simplification of the previous changes to Catalyst::ScriptRunner
=A0=A0=A0=A0We now just push $FindBin::Bin/../lib to the @INC path again, b=
ut
=A0=A0=A0=A0only if one of the dist indicator files (Makefile.PL Build.PL or
=A0=A0=A0=A0dist.ini) can be found in $FindBin::Bin/../$_
=A0=A0=A0=A0This avoids heuristics when the app is unloaded and therefore
=A0=A0=A0=A0works better for extensions which have entire applications in
=A0=A0=A0=A0their test suites.
=A0=A0- Bug fix to again correctly detect checkouts in dist zilla using
=A0=A0=A0=A0applications.
=A0=A0- --background option for the server script now only closes
=A0=A0=A0=A0STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR. This fixes issues with Log::Dispatch
=A0=A0=A0=A0and other loggers which open a file handle when
=A0=A0- Change incorrect use of File::Spec->catdir to File::Spec->catfile
=A0=A0=A0=A0so that we work on platforms which care about this (VMS?)
=A0=A0- Make it more obvious if our PSGI server doesn't pass in a response
=A0=A0=A0=A0callback.
=A0
If you have reported or experienced any of the above bugs, please give this=
 release a try and let us know how things go. =A0As always thanks to the en=
tire team and each individual that contributed to this release.

John Napiorkowski