[Catalyst] Delays in Explorer connections via Catalyst

John Romkey romkey at romkey.com
Sun Mar 18 17:48:42 GMT 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 12:37 PM, will trillich wrote:
> Short version:
>
> We're noticing that Explorer often seems to "hang" for a minute or so on ajax/XHR requests. I suspect it's an open connection where Explorer is waiting for something -- either more data, or maybe a 'close' event? Is there a way to force the output to flush or to close?

I'm thinking that this might be related to the test server's limitation of only handling a single request at a time... maybe IE fires requests at it differently from the way Firefox does, causing the delay. Have you tried it with the same app deployed under Apache or another real server?
	- john romkey
	http://romkey.com/