[Catalyst] upstart script for Starman-based app?

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Sun May 6 15:59:19 GMT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an upstart script that can be used for automaticly starting a Cat app using Starman?
>
> I use Perlbrew and local::lib and I start the app in my own account and not as root and I don't know how to make upstart start the app under my account.
> Maybe it will be helpful to see an upstart script that works, and try to adapt it.

What follows is for starting a python app as an unprivileged user with
upstart, I don't think it would be too difficult to adjust it for your
starman based app:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10250682/how-to-write-an-ubuntu-upstart-job-for-celery-django-celery-in-a-virtualenv

Follow the link in the first answer for the authoritative confirming
response from the upstart guys:
http://superuser.com/questions/213416/running-upstart-jobs-as-unprivileged-users/234541#234541

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding