[Catalyst] Best practice for configuration file placement

Luis Muñoz luisemunoz at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:45:20 GMT 2012

Hi there,

I've failed in locating this question as a FAQ, so I would appreciate some guidance.

I've written a Catalyst application that will be deployed in Debian. We want to keep config files under /etc/some_app/ so naturally, I would like to add this path to the ones to be searched by ConfigLoader. The application's main .pm contains:

  use Catalyst ( qw/
    ConfigLoader
  # ...
    /
  );

We'll want to run the application under nginx/FastCGI. I realize that I can simply set the environment appropriately in the startup rc script but before doing that, I was wondering what would be the "best practice" way to achieve this?

Best regards.

-lem