[Catalyst] Role problems, Still

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed May 23 16:04:52 GMT 2012

On 23 May 2012, at 16:37, Kenneth S Mclane wrote:

> I am having difficulty in getting my user to authenticate against the second realm. After successfully authenticating against the ldap server, I want to authenticate against the dbic realm as well as that is where the roles are stored. It seems to ignore a second call to $c-.authenticate.

In this case, I would be using the DBIC authentication store module (not the LDAP one), with the self_check Credential option + the auto_create_user option, and writing a check_password method (yourself) which looked up the user in LDAP and did the auth there…

If you want roles and other foreign keys etc - then you want the user row from DBIC to be master, and authentication to just be delegated down to that row instance..

Cheers
t0m