[Catalyst] Canot get application working on IIS7 via FastCGI

Craig Chant craig at homeloanpartnership.com
Wed Oct 17 23:54:22 GMT 2012

Hello Tomas,

Many thanks for the quick reply, it really is appreciated.

I'll try to answer your comments as best I can and sorry if I haven't provided enough information or conveyed myself coherently enough.

> Patch please?

Do you mean there is a patch to address the path issue? '*.' vs '*'

Is this for Catalyst, perl, a CPAN module, IIS7?

Or do you mean what patch have I installed, if so, none to my knowledge, though I have installed a few CPAN Catalyst:: modules via perl PPM for DBI, Sessions and the dependencies.

Though while we are on the subject of  Catalyst plug-ins, I do get this message in the devel server output when it's started.

[warn] Deprecated 'static' config key used, please use the key 'Plugin::Static::Simple' instead

I've looked at the main application MyApp.pm in the lib folder and the plug-ins loaded are :-

use Catalyst qw/
    -Debug
    ConfigLoader
    Static::Simple
    StackTrace
    Session
    Session::Store::FastMmap
    Session::State::Cookie
/;

I've tried putting Plugin::Static::Simple insted but that falls over because it can't locate the plug-in module, I've checked PPM and I have 'Plugin::Static::Simple' Catalyst CPAN module installed so am little stumped especially with the limited beginners knowledge I have of your framework so perhaps you could advise.

Yes sorry if I gave the wrong impression, perhaps I should have worded it differently as I thought I had implied 'other than', maybe this would have been a better statement...

    > "Now I cannot get any path to be recognised, http://mydomain/mycontroller/mymethod does nothing, *other than* load the Root.pm -> sub index :Path :Args(0) method."

Which is what is happening and I hope I've made things clearer as to exactly what I'm experiencing.

>You haven't given us anything to help try to explain why!
>Please can you give us the debug output from startup of the app + the debug logs of asking for /, and asking for /a/uri/which/does/not/work ? Also, please add a Data::Dumper::Dumper to the Catalyst::Engine::prepare_path method - one at the start to dump $env, and two near the bottom to dump $c->request->uri and $c->request->base just after they've been assigned to…

Sorry again for not providing enough information, I will try to give you what you need but I will need a little help doing that also, can you advise where the logs for the app when running over IIS7-> FastCGI are? Is there a file somewhere that gets written to each time the fastcgi.pl script gets executed with this information in it?

Also can you guide me to where this change needs to be made 'Catalyst::Engine::prepare_path method ' for Data::Dumper:Dumper, where is the file that needs editing located? , Also is there a Catalyst method to spit out the data via Data::Dumper already integrated into the framework, or do I need to import it myself?

I hope you can assist as I've been looking forward to building my next app using your framework.

Many thanks,

Craig.