[Catalyst] Simple session snag probably -- "Couldn't find a model named Learn::Session"

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Sat Aug 10 21:10:19 GMT 2013

Starting a new app, and winding up with the "Couldn't load class (Learn)
because: Couldn't find a model named Learn::Session" error...

We have two schema:
- Learn::Schema::Auth (users, roles, sessions, etc)
    Auth.pm extends 'DBIx::Class::Schema', as expected
- Learn::Schema::DB (real app data here)
    Learn.pm extends 'DBIx::Class::Schema', as expected

We are intending to store session info in
Learn::Schema::Auth::Result::Session.

learn.conf includes:

<session>
    dbic_class     =3D Learn::Session
</session>

We've done other Catalyst apps with this pattern and they work just fine.
(Blah::Session never really exists on its own, Blah::Model::Blah::Session
doesn't either, but Blah::Schema::DB::Result::Session does and there seems
to be a bit of magic in converting Blah::Session into
Blah::Schema::DB::Result::Session.)

Without <session>dbic_class</> in learn.conf, the error message changes to
"Couldn't find a model named DBIC::Session" as expected.

What's missing here? Something obvious no doubt...

Or, how do we specify "Learn::Schema::DB::Result::Session" for our session
data, using dbic_class in the conf file?