[Catalyst] New Catalyst "Hamburg" development release 002 on CPAN

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 02:44:01 GMT 2013

Hey Catalyst Developers,

This evening  we released the second development release in the Catalyst 'Hamburg' development cycle.  It fixes some issues with the PSGI middleware integration which was the main feature of 001, and it also introduces a first pass at supporting alternative POST/PUT request body formats.  So yes, welcome to 2013 because now Catalyst will parse JSON out of the box!

Here it is on CPAN, https://metacpan.org/release/JJNAPIORK/Catalyst-Runtime-5.90049_002

There's still a ton more that needs to happen for Hamburg, small stuff and big stuff.  So there's lots of opportunity for people to step up, commit a few hours and actually have an impact (and I am very happy to mentor you if you need help getting started).  I'll blog / write more later after I see 002 settle down on CPAN, but for now you can review the out stand list for hamburg over on quest hub : http://questhub.io/realm/perl/explore/latest/tag/hamburg  (this needs a bit of updating to reflect work that is out for test on clan, but is still a goof one to look at).

Even installing the new development release and playing with the new data handler feature (as well as the PSGI middleware feature) and giving feedback is pretty useful.  I've really found in the last few discussions that the community thoughts have a big impact on making features real.

    cpanm --dev Catalyst::Runtime

Thanks!

John (jnap)