[Catalyst] Catalyst starter template

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 15:36:37 GMT 2013

Ynon++

I'll play with it tonight =A0-jnap

>________________________________

Link:
>https://github.com/ynonp/ctstarter.pl
>

>What we have now:
>

>1. binary file is named catalyzer.pl
>

>2. Creates a complete Catalyst app from a template. Default template provi=
des: Database support, Twitter Bootstrap TT view and User Management.

>3. Starter is generated from a template. Template is a collection of featu=
res.

>4. It's easy to build new templates and new features. I already implemente=
d a few features:

>- AddPlugins: a feature that adds Catalyst plugins to the template
>

>- DefaultGenerator: runs the old catalyst.pl
>

>- DBIx: creates a simple SQLite database with an empty Schema.pm
>

>- UserManagement: creates users and roles, and a members only controller
>

>- TwitterBootstrapView: creaties a simple TT view which uses Twitter Boots=
trap

>5. An example template implementation can be found here (with all the abov=
e features):
>https://github.com/ynonp/ctstarter.pl/tree/master/templates/default
>

>6. An example features implementations can be found here:
>https://github.com/ynonp/ctstarter.pl/tree/master/lib/CatalystX/ProjectBui=
lder/Features

>More info on the github page.
>

>Feedback, comments and questions are welcomed.
>Ynon
>

>On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 15:46, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>Ynon++
>>

>>You might want to look at=A0https://metacpan.org/module/Template::Tiny fo=
r templating, I don't think we need all of TT

>>John

something pure Perl to make it trivial to install.

 file of key values and either a url or name of an installed CPAN distribut=
ion with the templates

le builder. =A0It would do some of the stuff that puppet or chef does, like=
 install mysql, and all that. =A0These are probably overlapping concerns, a=
nd I think having something like ^^ would be pretty easy to do and also I t=
hink really, REALLY helpful to people using Catalyst.

es to the base template you get for a new project. Currently it adds:

SimpleLogin)