[Catalyst] View Helpers?

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Feb 14 18:10:44 GMT 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 05:05:22PM +0100, Dimitar Petrov wrote:

> It should be pretty straightforward.
> Take a look for example:
> https://github.com/dpetrov/formhandler-example/blob/master/lib/MyApp/View/TT.pm
> which
> defines a vmethod and here is example usage:
> https://github.com/dpetrov/formhandler-example/blob/master/root/bookdb/book/list.tt

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction.  Searching the list for
vmethod info I discovered info on writing TT plugins, and the numerous
plugins already available.  It looks like someone already wrote a Rails like
LinkTo plugin:

    http://search.cpan.org/~hirafoo/Template-Plugin-LinkTo-0.093

For my personal projects I'd probably create something similar that takes
parameters similar to uri_for_action, something like:

    [% LinkTo('Recipes', 'recipe/list') %]

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.