[Catalyst] Re: Advent 2012 -- Catalyst in Nine Steps -- Kudos toOctavian

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:58:35 GMT 2013

From: "John Napiorkowski" <jjn1056 at yahoo.com>

> Pretty solid list, mind if I use it to blog?

Very good. Of course I don't mind. :-)

> regarding the thing about Catalyst and its half in and half out regarding
> Moose, yeah I think this is definitely a problem. Luckily I think a lot of
> the more important bits that are not moose could be moved to Plack
> middleware (authentication and authorization stuff for example).
>
> John

Yes that's true, but unfortunately there is no documentation for how to do
that and it is not clear how complete is the support offered by Plack
middleware for all the things that can be moved outside Catalyst.

IMHO I think that ideally the business logic should be done in a standalone
library that can be used with other interfaces than by web, and the
web-specific part should be moved to Plack as much as possible.

Octavian