[Catalyst] IPv6 client addresses

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Jan 14 19:13:51 GMT 2013

I'm just starting to look into IPv6 and how it might effect our
applications.

Perhaps this is a Plack question, but I'm currently using $c->req->address
to get at the client address.   Our plan is to run dual-stack v4 and v6.
Will there be a separate method for the IPv6 address, or will
$c->req->address return either v4 or a v6 address?

Anyone already in a dual-stack environment?  Any other gotchas to consider?

I use $c->req->address to limit access -- for example to limit some actions
to our local LAN or for customers to limit access to our API via a
customer-supplied CIDR.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org