[Catalyst] Problems with $c->req->base on lighttpd deployment (Catalyst 5.9)

Javier Luque Tuason javier at sixsideddevelopment.com
Thu Jan 17 15:09:47 GMT 2013

Following the instructions for lighttpd deployment:
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/deployment/lighttpd_fastcgi

As well as trying the static deployment here:
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.9006/lib/Catalyst/Manual/=
Deployment/lighttpd/FastCGI.pod

I noticed that styles and images on non-root pages were being incorrectly
parsed in the c.uri_for method.

For example in: http://myapp.com/foo/bar
 [% c.uri_for('/css/main.css') %]

parsed to:
http://myapp.com/foo/bar/css/main.css (instead of
http://myapp.com/css/main.css)

Upon further inspection I noticed that the problem lied in $c->req->base not
returning the absolute path but instead it returned the relative path.

[% c.req.base %] parsed to: http://myapp.com/foo/bar/ (instead of
http://myapp.com <http://myapp.com/css/main.css>)

This problem does not occur when using the standalond deployment:
CATALYST_ENGINE=3D'HTTP::Prefork' script/yourapp_server.pl

Reverting to Catalyst 5.8 fixed this problem but unfortunately there are
other problems. Also not that
myapp_server.pl works perfectly and this only happens when myapp_fastcgi is
invoked.

Any else experiencing these problems?

Regards,
Jav