[Catalyst] New design

Richard Bychowski rick at hiranyaloka.com
Tue Jul 23 21:27:53 GMT 2013

On Jul 23, 2013, at 1:48 AM, Mark Keating wrote:

> The nice chaps at Evozon have recently been making design mocks for a bunch of Perl sites and they have come up with a fresh look for Catalyst. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.
>
> http://www.mdk.me.uk/community/mocks/Catalyst.jpg

I like the layout a lot. But the Catalyst molecule logo was apparently mistaken for a planetary system, which might have inspired the space theme. Perhaps keep the layout but change the thematic elements back to the chemistry/molecular/catalysis theme.

BTW, there are a lot of very cool colorful images of catalytic surfaces (for example as seen on the cover of The Definitive Guide to Catalyst). Here's a real cool image:

http://www6.slac.stanford.edu/pictures/990x660-news-article-expanded/130314-surfacechem-art-big.jpg

Which I found on this page:

http://www6.slac.stanford.edu/news/2013-03-14-surfacechemistry.aspx

That's likely copyrighted, but is perhaps a great starting place for inspiration.

- Rick Bychowski