[Catalyst] List of Applications using Catalyst

Richard Bychowski bychowski at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:00:14 GMT 2013

On Jun 8, 2013, at 3:02 AM, Denny wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 16:16 -0700, bill hauck wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a list of applications that are using Catalyst?
>
> http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/catalystpoweredsoftware

That's 18 links. Eight are dead links. Three have seen updates in 2012-2013, of those only two are > version 1.0. Essentially two active, mature projects, from a community boasting 1000+ modules.

It strikes me that perl or perhaps specifically Catalyst developers are building and releasing tools over "applications".

IMHO, the Catalyst community really needs more open source applications to generate outside interest.  Am I alone in thinking this? I've been eagerly watching the ShinyCMS project.

- Rick

http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/catalystpoweredsoftware

Open Blog - OpenDNS dead link

Typeface - Japanese wordpress link farm (apparently)

Angerwhale - Link to a page with two lines of French and no code.

Telemetry - Links to a page with a link to a "Page not found".

MojoMojo - Hurray! A real project, at v1.10.

ShinyCMS - I'm optimistic on this project. Go, Denny! I suspect more developers will contribute once the project is closer to a 1.0 release?

Website in a Box - Version 0.02 from Sept 2007.

EasyCMS2 - Last update v 0.27 in 2007, no links to the actual code.

SheepWool - Dead link.

Bio::Catalyst - Link to pages with no reference to the code. Couldn't find it on metacpan either.

Handel - version 1.00014 released in December 2011, no activity. Handel is a framework used by the Mango ecommerce app.

Mango - version 0.01000_13 released in 2008.

Parley - version 1.2.1, released 2009.

Foorum - version 1.001, released in 2009.

CiderWebmail - version 1.04, released in June2012.

GalleryCatWeb - version 0.01, updated in 2010.

App-CamelPKI - Broken link, but I was able to find it with manual MetaCPAN search. Version 0.07 from 2008.

FileZ - Dead link.