[Catalyst] unicode warnings (+ errors C::P::UploadProgress)

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Jun 14 20:42:39 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com>wrot=
e:

> Yup this is a regression!  We have a patch in HEAD and it should go out
> later today.  Sorry for the trouble ( but at least I know who's upgrading)

I upgraded yesterday and noticed the same thing in out tests:

[error] Caught exception in engine "Can't use string ("Can't call method
"decode" on an"...) as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
/Users/bill/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.16.1/lib/site_perl/5.16.1/Catalyst/=
Plugin/Unicode/Encoding.pm
line 101."

I'll wanted to investigate I have my own code that handles decode/encode
and need time to move to the Catalyst code.   Until we can migrate what
would you recommend so that we don't have two plugins trying to handle the
decoding?

I also noticed that UploadProgress got pulled in -- but I don't think we
are using that so was a bit surprised by that requirement.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org