[Catalyst] unicode warnings (+ errors C::P::UploadProgress)

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 02:59:18 GMT 2013

5.90042 should be hitting cpan by now and hopefully resolves these issues. Give it a try and let me know.

Bill, this shouldn't break existing apps that didn't use the Unicode plugin and where people rolled they're own.  If the latest on cpan breaks your app please let us know with details so we can resolve.

To be clear, the only people that have something to do is those that used the existing stand alone plugin and relied on the default behavior which is to encode UTF8.  At some point they should remove the plugin from the "use Catalyst ..." Line and add the encoding config value since the new default is to not encode (so as to not break apps like yours , bill!)

John

Sent from my iPhone