[Catalyst] Backlog for proposed changes in next Catalyst release

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 16:56:04 GMT 2013

>________________________________

nd right enough that it should represent core behavior. =A0Although one of =
Catalyst's strengths has been to be un-opinionated and leave stuff to exter=
nal distributions when possible, I think this does fall under the 'all good=
 apps should work this way'. =A0I've tentatively pegged it for the March Ca=
talyst release, since it seems pretty straightforward, at least for now. =
=A0If you think you can fit it in (or talk your boss/clients/whatever into =
paying for your time) please give a shout out. =A0It would be great to see =
more people get to know Catalyst internals a bit, otherwise I don't really =
see how we are going to be able to move the platform forward.

>The month of May is more likely for me, unfortunately.=A0
>

>I was thinking of turning the plugin into a Role and then consuming if the=
 plugin was not already listed or if a config option to disable was not set=
. =A0That is, on by default but can be disabled. =A0 Is that in line with w=
hat you were thinking?

>There's a quest on playperl about it=A0http://play-perl.org/quest/5134cdc1=
8e0a96450f000038 which has the general outline. =A0I think this could be do=
ne in a few hours, definitely less than a day, unless something weird shows=
 up in the test cases (I'm guessing some tests might pointlessly fail and n=
eed updating.

Its mostly legwork

john