[Catalyst] Backlog for proposed changes in next Catalyst release

Peter Flanigan pjf at roxsoft.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 21:06:15 GMT 2013

On 10/03/13 19:58, Tomas Doran wrote:
> Does anyone have a strong opinion on this being added to their app by default?
> Does anyone have an app which needs you to NOT load the unicode plugin? Speak now, or you're gonna have a bad time :)

My views already encode the response body if required. If
C::P::U::Encoding::finalize_headers (which I don't use) moves to
Catalyst core then my HTML response body will be encoded twice. You need
to make these changes optional. Also, the line

   # Only touch 'text-like' contents
     return $c->next::method(@_)
        unless $c->response->content_type =~ /^text|xml$|javascript$/;

smells bad, it will apply to text/x-json but not application/json

--

Regards