[Catalyst] Backlog for proposed changes in next Catalyst release

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Mar 11 04:17:34 GMT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Peter Flanigan <pjf at roxsoft.co.uk> wrote:

>    # Only touch 'text-like' contents
>      return $c->next::method(@_)
>         unless $c->response->content_type =3D~ /^text|xml$|javascript$/;
>
> smells bad, it will apply to text/x-json but not application/json

The code that I use only encodes if the utf8 flag is set.   The JSON
encoders (at least what I use) encode to utf8, so my code doesn't touch
JSON as it's already been encoded.

I decode all input -- database, templates, text files, web requests and API
requests.   All data that represents characters must be decoded on input.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org