[Catalyst] Perl equivalent to Java PrimeFaces - Reaction...?

Jorge Gonzalez jorge.gonzalez at daikon.es
Sat Dec 6 14:59:25 GMT 2014

Hi listers,

I've been searching lately for a Perl equivalent of Java PrimeFaces.
For those who do not know about it, it's a layer on top of a basic web
framework, intended to build web applications with the same concepts
as Desktop apps, i.e. high level controls (tables, tree lists,
buttons, forms etc.), heavy AJAX use, and lots of automatic code
generation for controllers which react to the AJAX events and requests.

A framework like this for Perl would use Catalyst as a web backend,
but would be built on top of it as higher level of app development.

I think Reaction builds on this concept, but:

a) It has not been updated in 3 years

b) I have been able to build a basic web app with it, but I haven't
found a complex example application and UI themes or directions on
integrating it with client side libraries like jQuery or Bootstrap.

c) Searching about Reaction on the web gave me really, _really_ poor
results, which leads me to suppose that there are really no good
resources appart from the very basic info in the tutorial and the PODs.

Is Reaction an abandoned project? Are there any Perl Primefaces
equivalents out there?

Any ideas?
TIA
Jorge